Monday, April 27, 2009

A Busy Week

Ok so I finally have a minute to blog. Now that Max is getting older he is demanding more attention and I find less and less time to sit and type let alone check my email so I got lucky today. It's strange because I feel like I'm super busy and can't keep up with my housework, but at the same time I feel like there really hasn't been a lot going on at least not anything terribly exciting anyway. Haley has been doing really well in school and she and Alex have been obsessed with the Lego Star Wars game for the X-box so I have to limit their play time. It figures that my children would pick up their dad's favorite hobby and not their mom's. It has been so hot here too that my arms got tan just from walking Haley to school. Then after one of Haley's school friends asked why Haley always wore jeans to school, I decided it was time for new clothes mainly shorts and t-shirts and some of us needed shoes, so we went shopping this week. Max is already in some 6 month clothes and since the seasons were off with Alex's old clothes he got some new things too. The only down side is that I couldn't really find any shorts that were modest for Haley to wear. I am going to really have to search more than one store for Haley. It really is too bad that you can't buy modest clothes even for a 5 year old. It's times like these when I really miss Provo. So I got almost all of my shopping done, minus the shorts and we are set for the warm weather now. This last weekend was birthday weekend for us too, since Eric's brother James and his best friend Steve had birthdays on Friday and Saturday so we had a fun weekend celebrating with them. Then Sunday I sang in church and judging from the complements I got, I would say it was great. I'm just lucky I didn't start crying during the song, because I was feeling pretty emotional yesterday during church and I haven't sung a solo in at least a year. And Eric and I got called as the new ward librarians so that will be something totally new and different and I am looking forward to having a calling that isn't quite as demanding as my last calling was. I am also helping out as a district leader for visiting teaching and I have been on the phone a lot lately, but I love to talk on the phone so that's not too bad. So that is about all that has happened since my last post and like I said, it doesn't sound like much, but for me that is about all I have time for anymore. It's funny because last week Haley had a homework assignment to write 5 sentences about a weekend activity and draw a picture, and she wrote about going to the grocery store. I guess our weekends need some livening up. Unfortunately she only gets from June 11th through August 10th off from school and then she starts 1st grade so we don't get much vacation time. They really push kids hard with school these days. I can hardly believe some of the things Haley is learning in kindergarten. What ever happened to nursery rhymes and making crafts? Anyway I could go on but it seems Max is demanding my attention once again so I guess I'll have to sign off for now.

3 comments:

  1. I like your new blog background, it's way cute! There are so many cute backgrounds, I find myself getting bored with mine and wanting to change it often, but I try to stick with one for a little while! That is a super short summer break! It's barely even 2 months! That's funny what you said about Haley writing about going to the grocery store! That's exactly how we are. I feel like if I go to Walmart I've done something fun!! Spencer and I were actually just saying last night that we need to start doing more. Well I'm glad you finally got a chance to blog, it's fun to here what you are up to, even if it isn't much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend I know how demanding those little ones can be. Especially when they start crawling. dax is into everything these days. I have to constantly watch him. Clothes shopping is always fun when you have money. Renee was telling me to go shop the clearance sections at Kmart and such for the off season clothing. She said they are super cheap, so I will have to do that. I have never bought Dax clothes before because he's always worn hand-me-downs. It's been nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Good luck with the short hunt! That is great that you are trying to keep Haley's clothes modest. She'll definitely catch onto that and it should be super easy when she's older because she has to wear modest clothes now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete