Monday, March 2, 2009

Blessing Success

Well I finally have some time to blog, but it won't last long, so this may not cover everything that has happened, but I wanted to at least post some pictures from Max's baby blessing. I really need to figure out how to do slide shows for pictures, but I just don't have time to figure it out, oh well. I also wish I had taken some more pictures of Eric's family with the baby, but I think I was just excited to have my family come from out of town and didn't think about it. Well first off, some news unrelated to Max's blessing. I have a new nephew. My brother, Spencer, and his wife, Malinda, had their second baby boy Friday the 20th and he is a real cutie (at least in the pictures I saw) and a big baby too. I thought Max was big, but my new nephew Grady Kevin Quinto was 9 lbs. 10 oz. and 21 inches long. I wish that I could go and see him but that will just have to wait. My parents were glad they got to see him before they came out here for the blessing. The blessing was wonderful as all baby blessings are, and I am grateful that my husband is a worthy priesthood holder and so in tune with the spirit. I was glad to have my parents come out so that my dad could stand in the circle, and they could finally meet their other new grandson. It just wouldn't have been right not having my dad there. It was also fun to have my 3 sisters here and Yvonia even had her 2 girls with her so the kids had a great time playing with their cousins which they don't get to see very often. I was also glad for Eric's family. I really do think I have some of the best in laws. Along with his parents and brothers, Eric's Aunt Gloria was able to be there for the first time, since she wasn't able to travel out to Utah for my other kids blessings. After the blessing and photos, Vanessa and Yvonia had to leave, but the rest of us spent the afternoon at Eric's parents home and enjoyed a wonderful lunch. Eric's friend Steve, also came later for the lunch. He has been Eric's friend since kindergarten and he surprised us because he had his hair cut short. The hair was a surprise, because in all the almost 8 years that we have been married, Steve has had shoulder length hair and he seemed to have no desire to cut it all that time. Anyway it was nice that he was there to visit. So the blessing was a success and I was grateful to have everyone there that could be there. Well this post is getting long and I have some other catching up to do, so I guess I'll end this post and blog when I have more time later. Enjoy the pictures!

Our First Family Photo since Max was born


My Parents, Vanessa, Me, Eric holding Max, Yvonia Ruth, Haley, Catia, Alexander and Raya in the carrier

Aunt Gloria, Kevin, Eric's Parents, Me, Eric holding Max, James, Alexander, and Haley


We just wanted a picture of Max with the hat on that came with his blessing outfit. We both thought he looked better without it.


Eric Holding Max

The Blessing Cake with Max's birthdate on it (Yum, Yum)

My dad holding Max

My mom holding Max

Yvonia holding Max

Vanessa holding Max

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you do have a big baby. He is so cute. Congratulations. Wish we couldve been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I am glad you had a lot of family around for Max's baby blessing. I love the name by the way! Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete