Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Twilight, Getting Well, and Spring Break

Ok, so most of you know that I am a huge fan of the Twilight series books. I love them so much. Anyway we finally got the movie and I watched it with Eric's family on Sunday. We always go over to Eric's parents for dinner on Sundays and I tried out some new dessert recipes to share and I brought Twilight. I gotta say, I thought it was good. I think it could have been tons better and the acting wasn't so great but it was ok. I knew it could never be as good as the book and it felt really rushed to me. I also never thought that the guy playing Edward (Robert Pattinson) was good looking. Edward is supposed to be gorgeous and well to me he just wasn't. I just had a lot of little pet peeves about the movie, but I liked it overall and I am glad that I bought it because I will probably enjoy watching it again at home when the mood strikes me. I gotta say though that the book was 100 times better and if you really want to get into Twilight you have to read it. As far as the desserts went, I messed up a little on the pie, but it was still ok and the brownies were good. I made a Lemonade Cheesecake pie (you can get this recipe at kraftfoods.com) but I wasn't paying attention to the ingredients and instead of using only 1/2 cup of frozen lemonade concentrate I just poured in the whole can without thinking, so it was a lot more lemony than it was supposed to be, but oh well, it was ok, just kinda runny because of the excess lemonade. I made the brownies as a backup when I realized that I messed up the pie, and they turned out great. They were a little different because I baked them in cupcake cups and they had a peanut butter cream cheese center (also a recipe from kraftfoods.com). Anyway other than that it has been all about getting well since we have all been sick for a few weeks (well everyone but me anyway). Poor little Max has had fever and a bad cough so I haven't been getting much sleep these last 2 or 3 days from all the crying he has been doing. It is so hard with babies because they can't tell you what hurts or how to make them feel better. I am just glad for infant Tylenol and the power of prayer, because I think he is doing a lot better. Haley has spring break this week, and I think she has actually been a little bored staying at home. Yesterday she drew pictures of all the characters in one of her favorite cartoons and made a book out of the pages. It took her a long time, but she was really proud of her work and I think she is turning into quite the artist. It was so cute because she wanted to write her friend's name on her book and she asked me how to spell it, so I said "A" and she wrote it down then I said "U" and she wrote "you." I thought that was funny. We stocked up on the Jelly Belly jelly beans from Costco because of their coupon for this month and we are going to use them for Easter and as an incentive for Alex to go potty. So far though the potty training hasn't been working, Alex just has no interest at all and I think I am going to wait for the summer when Eric gets out of school to really work with him on it. That way I'll have some help. But I just love Jelly Belly especially since they remind me of how Eric and I met and fell in love. Anyway that's about it for us, now we are just looking forward to Conference, and Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment