Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Sneaky Situation

Well the last few weeks have been really hard, it started with Haley and her sneaky personality. I love my little girl, but she is too smart for her own good and has been in trouble a lot lately. I'm not really sure why, but she is making me doubt my parenting skills. It seems that no one I talk to can relate, and if it weren't for the knowledge I have of the church and knowing that the Lord is always there, knows how we feel, and only gives us what we can handle, I would go crazy literally. Well I just don't know and at first I thought her behavior was because of attention since she recently told me she thought I loved Max more than her, but all my attempts at trying to spend more time with her haven't helped. We went and got our hair cut finally since it was so long. Then I painted her fingernails and I have been walking her to and from school just the two of us everyday this week. I have also punished her for her recent bad behavior, but I just have to say that I feel like it is somehow my fault she is this way, though I don't know how. I just wish there was some sort of instruction manual on how to keep your children from lying and sneaking around. I have also been really tired from a newborn keeping me up at night so I have had a really hard time keeping a good attitude about everything. Plus Eric got sick and the spring break we were both looking forward to, hasn't been so great for him, so I have been worn out trying to deal with Haley and taking care of the rest of my family. Like I said before it has been a hard week. The positives though, we had an at home doctor visit (weird I know, but they do those here I guess) and on the 3rd Max weighed 12 lbs. 2 oz. so whoo hoo his is doing great! Also as I mentioned before I finally got the haircut I have been wanting since we moved here and it feels and looks great if I do say so myself. I cut it from mid back to short shoulder length, so I took off a good 5 or 6 inches of hair, and Haley's was even longer and it is now the same length as mine. The weird thing is, only one person commented on it and it was one of the moms at Haley's school whose name I can't even remember. I know it doesn't matter, but I just thought it was strange. The important thing is that I like it. I will maybe get some pictures sometime soon to post, but don't be disappointed if things get crazy and I don't get it done. If I don't get to it on Tuesday HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen...you are a wonderful mom. No one can ever really write a book about how to deal with kids because every kid is different. I would suggest going to Heavenly Father, I'm sure you have, but He knows Haley the best, and ask for an answer--what can you do to help her? Then continue doing the right things, and an answer will be provided, sometimes when you least expect it. He loves our children too, and he'll help us when we need it. In the mean time, never beat yourself up about it--keep talking with her and spending time with her, like you're doing, and realize it's not you or your parenting...she's a little person with her own ideas and choices. However, she has to know you're mom too--and you mean business--make sure she knows it's wrong to do those things she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, actually I have just recently followed it even though it was before I read your comment and I feel like I have received an answer to my prayers about how to handle things, so I'm going to try it out and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete