Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well this last week was really nice with Haley on Spring Break and the weather has been really warming up and very spring like. We are finally all healthy again YEAH!!! I made this peach no bake cheesecake for dessert on Sunday and it turned out great so I gotta say it has been a really good week for me. Even my kids have been better behaved. It must just be because of spring. Max has been talking and smiling up a storm. I might just get a picture of it one day if I'm really fast with the camera, we'll see, it seems like I just can't quite catch it fast enough. He has also been sleeping through the night although I don't know how long that is going to last, but he is just such a good baby and so big too. It is amazing to me how much bigger he is than Alex was at the same age. I am already putting him in 3 to 6 month size clothes and everything. Anyway overall it was just another boring week, but it has been nice and I have been thinking about just how blessed I really am. Oh and for anyone who is looking for a good family movie to watch, Nim's Island is really cute. I just watched it the other day with Haley, and she and I both really liked it. Haley especially liked the animals. I don't have much else to say and I need to go and feed Max, but enjoy conference and spring and all the blessings of life because we truly are blessed with so much. We just tend to focus on what we don't have more often than we should and I am definitely guilty of that.

My sister in law sent this to me and I just thought it was something everyone should think about in this day and age of texting. I felt bad for the poor woman who this happened too, but maybe her story can help us to be more cautious.

This lady has changed her habit of how she lists her names on her mobile phone after her handbag was stolen. Her handbag, which contained her cell phone, credit card, wallet... etc...was stolen.. 20 minutes later when she called her hubby, from a pay phone telling him what had happened, hubby says 'I received your text asking about our Pin number and I replied a little while ago.' When they rushed down to the bank, the bank staff told them all the money was already withdrawn. The thief had actually used the stolen cellphone to text 'hubby' in the contact list and got hold of the pin number. Within 20 minutes he had withdrawn all the money from their bank account. Moral of the lesson: Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people in your contact list. Avoid using names like Home, Honey,Hubby, Sweetheart, Dad , Mom, etc..... And very importantly, when sensitive info is being asked through texts, CONFIRM by calling back!! Also, when you're being text by friends or family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the message came from them. If you don't reach them, be very careful about going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you. Along with that if you have an entry called 'Home' with your actual home phone number it's not too hard to do a reverse look up on the number to find the address. now the robber has your home number, keys, AND address.

1 comment:

  1. I have also been trying to catch a picture of a smile! Grady has been smiling lately, but it is so hard to get a good picture of it. I've got a few half smiles, but I can't quite catch a really good one!! We must be on the same page, because I've also been thinking about how blessed I am this past week. I've started to realize how I often take for granted what a good husband Spencer is and I've really been appreciating him lately! So I just wanted you to know what a great brother you have and how much I love him!!

    ReplyDelete